Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Book - Part IV

 (Paper Draft (259 Pages and the "Murder book" of Detective Gomez.)

Almost halfway into January and I am just getting back to my book project.  I got into it at lunch. (Ah, yes, the feeling of accomplishment.)

It took me a while to settle in to the mindset I needed, but I got into the story quickly. Sometimes writing is like being in a trance.  At least, for me it is.  I often wonder if anyone else writes the way I do?  I mean, when I sit down I reread where I left off and then visualize the story in my head, just like watching it on TV or a movie.  I just keep typing, putting it all down, describing each scene as it plays out. Do you ever do that?  The characters are so tangible at times.  You know, if I leave off on a scene and don't get back to it, I swear that when I think of the story while I am running around during the day, I can see all the characters just standing around as though on a break on a movie set, chit-chatting and hamming it up. It's like they are waiting for me to say, "Places, everybody!" And, "Action!"

There's a scene I wrote up like that where two cops and a suspect were standing in a kitchen and I didn't get back to it for sometime.  They were only walking through the house to go into the garage.  for days, maybe even a couple of weeks, I kept imagining the scene and how it should play out. there were a lot of logistics to be hammered out. But every time I came back to the scene in my head, all three of them were drinking beer and sitting around telling jokes to one another.  No, that didn't end up in the scene, not by a longshot. But in my own head it was pretty dang funny.

Today I feel like I reaffirmed faith in myself.  I went into a chapter in the book where I wrote in some really good eye catching stuff.  I love to go back after some time has passed and reread thinking, "I wrote this?" Not bad, not bad at all.    

Today was like that.
Last Word Count: Word Count: 56,608 - Jan 12, 2015
Today's Word Count:  56,758

Edited 20 pages today.  Started on a new chapter.

TTFN,

D. Paul Fonseca

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like it's going to be an amazing book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kat. t's coming along pretty well. 256 pages and moving quickly now.

    ReplyDelete